Top Doctors 2013
“Physicians of Exceptional Excellence”
SAN DIEGO COUNTY PHYSICIANS:
The San Diego County Medical Society (SDCMS) invites you to participate in the selection process for “Physicians of Exceptional Excellence,” Top Doctors 2013.
SDCMS leadership wishes the selection process to be fair, open, and honest for physician peers selecting the top 5% of the active, board-certified (as of January 1, 2013) San Diego County physicians in any specialty where there are more than 20 such physicians.
STEPS FOR SECURE, INTERNET-BASED VOTING:
SDCMS Member Physicians: Click Here to Vote:
- Log in using your password, which was sent to you (if you cannot find your password, click here to retrieve it).
- You will be taken to a webpage that will include a ballot for every specialty in which you are board certified.
- First, select physicians of exceptional excellence — i.e., someone you would take a close family member to if he or she was in need of that specialist — in your specialty.
- Then on the last ballot — the “Cross-specialty Write-in” ballot — you may select up to twelve (12) physicians in any specialty except yours that you wish to recognize for their exceptional excellence.
Nonmember Physicians: Click Here to Register to Vote:
- After entering identifying information and if your record is on file, you will receive voting instructions and your password.
The ballot process, while not perfect, represents our effort at a transparent, auditable, and fair means of identifying physicians other physicians trust for their clinical skills.
To ensure a representative selection in each and every specialty, we strongly encourage and request that everyone take the five minutes or fewer to vote.
If you are unable to use the internet to vote, please indicate that you desire a hard-copy ballot by faxing a copy of the letter that was mailed to you to SDCMS at (858) 569-1334 or by replying to the Top Doctors email. A paper ballot will be mailed to you with the appropriate security precautions. No faxed ballots will be accepted.
Your e-ballot or mail-in ballot (if requested) must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. on Friday, June 21, 2013. If you have any problems e-voting, please email SDCMS’ COO/CFO, James Beaubeaux, at James.Beaubeaux@SDCMS.org or call him at (858) 300-2788.
If you suspect that there are errors on the ballot — either the failure to list a physician you feel might be eligible or the listing of a physician you feel is not in active practice or not board certified — please immediately email SDCMS’ CEO, Tom Gehring, with any inputs, suggestions, or comments at Gehring@SDCMS.org, or call him at (619) 206-8282. Those errors reported to SDCMS and confirmed within the first two weeks of voting will be corrected on the ballots.