Medicare Contractor Transition Resources
September 16, 2013 — Are You Prepared?
CMA has put together the following resources to prepare member physicians and their staffs for the transition of Medicare contractors (Part B) from Palmetto to Noridian on September 16, 2013.
Current CMA Resources
- CMA’s Medicare Transition Webpage — CMA has created a dedicated Medicare transition webpage, offering practices the ability to access updates and important information regarding the transition in one easy-to-access to location. All resources related to the Medicare transition will be accessible through this CMA webpage.
- CMA’s Medicare Transition Guide: What Physicians Need to Know — This guide, which members can download free from CMA's website, includes a Medicare Transition Preparation Checklist, FAQs with information on transition dates, what will remain the same with the transition and what will change, Noridian’s online provider portal, what practices can do to prepare for the transition, links to additional resources, and ways to stay apprised of new information on the transition.
- CMA Practice Resources (CPR) — CMA Practice Resources is a free monthly newsletter from CMA’s practice management experts that focuses on critical payor and health care industry issues, including the Medicare transition, and how these issues directly impact the business of a physician practice. To sign up, visit the CMA website or contact CMA Member Services at (800) 786-4262.
- CMA On-demand Webinar • Recorded August 7, 2013 — To help you understand the changes coming, Noridian, in this August 7 webinar for members only, presented information on the timeline for transition, what will stay the same, what will change, early boarding for EDI, and communications and resources.
- Content Alert Updates — CMA's website allows registered users to create custom content alerts on the topics that are of interest to you. Once signed up, you will be notified any time there is new content posted in one of your interested areas, including Medicare issues. To sign up, users should visit their account dashboard on CMA's website and click on “My Alerts,” then select “Insurance Reimbursement -> Medicare.”
Additional Medicare-related Resources
- Medicare Enrollment Guide for Physicians — This document guides physicians through the enrollment process and assists enrolled physicians who are making changes or who must revalidate their enrollment.
- Getting Started With the Medicare Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) — This guide assists physicians with understanding and complying with PQRS.
- Medicare Electronic Prescribing Overview: Payment Incentives and Payment Reductions — Overview of electronic prescribing (eRx) program, including incentive payments for physicians who e-prescribe and payment penalties for physicians who do not.
- Medicare Part B Important Changes: What they mean to your practice
- Medicare Audit Guide for Physicians — Guide for preparing and responding to a Medicare audit.
- Various Medicare webinars available on demand at www.cmanet.org/events.
- Numerous Medicare-related CMA ON-CALL documents can be downloaded at www.cmanet.org.