2019-20 SDCMS Board of Directors Proposed Slate
2019-2020 SDCMS Board of Directors Elections Slate
On December 3, 2018, SDCMS’s Nominating Committee convened and is recommending the following proposed slate of SDCMS board of directors candidates for 2019–2020.
- President-elect: Dr. Holly Yang (one-year tern)
- Secretary: Dr. Sergio Flores (one-year tern)
- Treasurer: Dr. Toluwalase (Lase) Ajayi (one-year tern)
Incumbents Seeking Re-election:
- AMA Alternate Delegate: Dr. Mihir Parikh (three-year term)
- At-large Director # 5: Dr. Steven Hayden (three-year term)
- At-large Alternate Director #2: Dr. Steven Chen (three-year term)
- At-large Alternate Director #4: Dr. Albert Ray (three-year term)
- North County Geographic Director #2: Dr. Christopher Bergeron (three-year term)
Incumbents Seeking New Office:
- At-large Director #3: Dr. Irineo (Reno) Tiangco (three-year term)
- At-large Director #7: Dr. Karl Steinberg (two-year term)
- At-large Alternate Director #1: Dr. Mark Sornson (three-year term)
- East County Director #1: Dr. Heidi Meyer (three-year term)
- Hillcrest Director #1: Dr. Kyle Edmonds (three-year term)
- Kearny Mesa Director #1: Dr. Anthony Magit (two-year term)
New Board Members:
- Hillcrest Director #2: Dr. Steve Koh (three-year term)
- YPS Director: Dr. Trisha Morshed (one-year term)
- YPS Alternate Director: Dr. Obi Chidi (one-year term)
Nomination by Petition: Pending final approval of the proposed slate by the SDCMS board of directors on February 23, 2019, SDCMS bylaws allow for nomination by petition. If the requisite number of signatures is received, the petitioner will be placed on the ballot. For details on the number of signatures required, email Paul Hegyi atHegyi@SDCMS.org. Nomination petitions may be mailed to SDCMS (Attn: Paul Hegyi), 5575 Ruffin Road, Suite 250, San Diego, CA 92123.
Candidacy Statements: If the petitioner would like their candidacy statement published in San Diego Physician magazine, it must be received by February 20, 2019; otherwise, completed petitions must be received at SDCMS no later than April 1, 2019.
Requirements for Candidacy: The physician candidate must have been a member of SDCMS for at least two years on the date of assumption of duties: June 2019.
Requirements for Office:
- Officers: Attend monthly Executive Committee meetings; attend quarterly BOD meetings; attend the annual BOD retreat; attend the 2019 CMA House of Delegates (October 26–27, 2019).
- Geographic Directors, At-large Directors and YPS Director: Attend quarterly BOD meetings; attend the annual retreat; attend the 2019 CMA House of Delegates (October 26–27, 2019).
- Geographic Alternate Directors, At-large Alternate Directors and YPS Alternate Director: Attend quarterly BOD meetings in the absence of the regular director, and attend the 2019 CMA House of Delegates (October 26–27, 2019).
Questions? Contact SDCMS at (858) 565-8888 or at SDCMS@SDCMS.org.