Top Doctors 2018
Top Doctors 2018 Election: May 7 – June 18
SAN DIEGO COUNTY PHYSICIANS:
The San Diego County Medical Society (SDCMS) invites you to participate in the selection process for “Physicians of Exceptional Excellence” — Top Doctors 2018.
The SDCMS leadership wishes the selection process, while not perfect, to be fair, open and honest for physician peers selecting the top 5% of active San Diego County physicians.
Several years ago, we significantly improved the selection process to ensure a more proportionate representation between modes of practice — balancing the selectees between very large groups and the solo, small and medium practices. But if you don’t vote, the process improvements won’t help.
We’ve simplified the process even more utilizing one ballot that lists every physician who holds a valid California medical license practicing in San Diego County.
This year some key features have been added to make voting even easier. Most importantly, the election is now fully compatible with mobile devices. Use your phone or tablet to view and cast your ballot anytime, anywhere.
When making your selections, we ask you to consider the following:
- Vote for at least 4 physicians in your specialty
- Select physicians you would personally see or refer patients to
- Select physicians who exhibit excellence in leadership, teaching/research and humanitarian services
You may select up to 10 physicians.
STEPS FOR SECURE, INTERNET-BASED VOTING:
SDCMS Member Physicians: CLICK HERE to Vote:
- Log in using your password, which was sent to you (if you cannot find your password, CLICK HERE to retrieve it).
- You will be taken to a webpage that will include every physician who holds a valid California medical license practicing in San Diego County
- First, select physicians of exceptional excellence — i.e., someone you would take a close family member to if he or she was in need of that specialist — in your own specialty.
Non-Member Physicians: CLICK HERE to Register to Vote:
- After entering identifying information, and if your record is on file, you will receive voting instructions and your password.
The ballot process, while not perfect, represents our effort at a transparent, auditable, and fair means of identifying physicians other physicians trust for their clinical skills.
To ensure a representative selection, we strongly encourage and request that everyone take the five minutes or fewer to vote.
If you are a member of SDCMS and unable to use the Internet to vote, please indicate that you desire a hardcopy ballot by emailing SDCMS@SDCMS.org. A paper ballot will be mailed to you with the appropriate security precautions. No faxed ballots will be accepted. Non-SDCMS members must use the Internet to vote.
Your e-ballot or mail-in ballot (if requested) must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. on Monday, June 18, 2018. If you have any problems e-voting, please email SDCMS’s Director of Finance and Membership, Brandon Ethridge, at Brandon.Ethridge@SDCMS.org or call him at (858) 300-2778.
If you suspect that there are errors on the ballot — either the failure to list a physician you feel might be eligible or the listing of a physician you feel is not in active practice — please also email Brandon Ethridge immediately with any inputs, suggestions, or comments. Those errors reported to SDCMS and confirmed, within the first two weeks of voting, will be corrected on the ballot.