Attend SDCMS's "Preparing to Launch" Workshop on February 1, 2014!
Resident & Young Physicians:
In close cooperation with the UC San Diego Health System, SDCMS has created a one-day workshop entitled: "Preparing to Launch: Essentials to Consider for Doctors Contemplating Their Future in the Real World." While primarily focused on residents, fellows, and young physicians, any SDCMS member (and their significant other) is welcome to attend.
This free workshop will occur in the Goldberg Auditorium at the Moores Cancer Center on Saturday, February 1, 2014, from 8:00am to 4:00pm -- continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
SDCMS has run this program for years and the feedback has been phenomenal. Most attendees wished they had heard this information long before graduation. Therefore, we are having this seminar at UCSD to encourage residents, fellows, and young physicians to participate! Physicians at all stages of training are welcome and will be well served by this important information about life after residency.
Our focus is to give you the information and situational awareness you need to successfully transition from preparation to practice.
The agenda will cover:
- The Demographic Landscape of San Diego's Patients and Doctors
- Selecting a Mode of Practice: A Panel Discussion with a Solo, an Academic, and a Very Large Group Physician
- Situational Awareness: Avoiding the Pitfalls of Young (Naïve) Physicians
- Law, Lawyers, and Legal "How To's"
- 25 Things Doctors (Don't) Know About Money and Insurance
- Investing 101
- Leadership 101
- Negotiating Everything and Anything
- Dealing With People: Hiring, Firing, Supervising, and Collaborating
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Running a Physician Business (But Were Too Terrified or Ignorant to Ask)
The program will be entertaining, fast moving, and is designed to give you a number of actionable takeaways.
To register, contact Jen at SDCMS at (858) 300-2781 or at JOhmstede@SDCMS.org. Please include your full name, phone number, and your email address.
Spouses are welcome (and in fact encouraged), so please list them as above. I really hope to see you all there; you don't want to miss this!!
Executive Director / CEO, San Diego County Medical Society