Attend SDCMS's January 31 FREE Workshop: Preparing to Practice
Resident Physicians: What are you going to do after residency?
SDCMS, working with UCSD, has created a one-day workshop titled, "Preparing to Launch: Essentials to Consider for Doctors Contemplating Their Future in the Real World."
Our goal: give you the information and situational awareness you need to successfully transition from preparation to practice.
While primarily focused on residents, fellows, and young physicians, any SDCMS member (and their significant other) is welcome to attend this once-a-year event.
This free workshop will occur in the Goldberg Auditorium at the Moores Cancer Center on Saturday, January 31, 2015, from 8:00am to 4:00pm — continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
SDCMS has run this program for years, and the feedback has been phenomenal. Most attendees wished they had heard this information long before graduation.
The agenda will cover:
- The Demographic Landscape of San Diego's Patients and Doctors
- Selecting a Mode of Practice: A Panel Discussion With a Solo, an Academic, and a Very Large Group Physician
- Situational Awareness: Avoiding the Pitfalls of Young (Naïve) Physicians
- Law, Lawyers, and Legal "How To's" and "How Not To's"
- 25 Things Doctors (Don't) Know About Money and Insurance
- Investing 101
- Leadership 101
- Job Interviewing 101
- Negotiating Everything and Anything
- Dealing With People: Hiring, Firing, Supervising, and Collaborating
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Running a Physician Business (But Were Too Terrified or Ignorant to Ask)
The program will be entertaining, fast moving, and is designed to give you a number of actionable takeaways.
To register, contact Jen at SDCMS at (858) 300-2781 or at JOhmstede@SDCMS.org. Please include your full name, phone number, and your email address.
Spouses are welcome (and in fact encouraged), so please list them as above. I really hope to see you all there; you don't want to miss this!!