Attend SDCMS's Free November 7 "Preparing to Launch" Workshop
Attend SDCMS's Free November 7 Workshop: Preparing to Launch
What are you going to do after residency? SDCMS, working with UCSD, has created a one-day workshop titled, "Preparing to Launch: Essentials for Doctors Contemplating Their Future in the Real World." Our goal: Give you the information and situational awareness you need to successfully transition from preparation to practice.
While primarily focused on residents, fellows, and young physicians, any SDCMS member (and their significant other) is welcome to attend this once-a-year event.
This free workshop will occur in the main auditorium at the Hillcrest facility on Saturday, November 7, 2015, from 8:00am to 3:00pm — continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
SDCMS has run this program for years, and the feedback has been phenomenal. Most attendees wished they had heard this information long before graduation. The agenda will cover:
- The Demographic Landscape of San Diego's Patients and Doctors
- Selecting a Mode of Practice: A Panel Discussion With a Solo, an Academic, and a Very Large Group Physician
- Situational Awareness: Avoiding the Pitfalls of Young (Naïve) Physicians
- Law, Lawyers, and Legal "How To's" and "How Not To's"
- 100 Things Doctors (Don't) Know About Money, Insurance, and Investing
- Job Interviewing 101
- Negotiating Everything and Anything
- Dealing With People: Hiring, Firing, Supervising, and Collaborating
- Work-Life Balance: Can You Have It All? A Panel Discussion With Four Physicians Across the Age Spectrum
The program will be entertaining, fast moving, and is designed to give you a number of actionable takeaways. Registration is required as space is limited. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Questions or difficulty signing up? Contact Jen Ohmstede at (858) 300-2781 or at JOhmstede@SDCMS.org. Please include your full name, phone number, and email address. Spouses are welcome (and in fact encouraged). I really hope to see you all there; you don't want to miss this!!