2023–24 Board of Directors Elections Slate
2023–24 SDCMS BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTIONS SLATE
On 12/1/2022, SDCMS’ Nominating Committee convened and is recommending the following proposed slate of SDCMS Board of Directors candidates for 2023–2024.
- President–Elect: Dr. Steve Koh (one–year term)
- Secretary: Dr. Preeti Mehta (one–year term)
- Treasurer: Dr. Maria Carriedo–Ceniceros (one–year term)
Incumbents Seeking Re–Election:
- At–Large Director #4: Dr. Miranda Sonneborn (three–year term)
- At–Large Director #8: Dr. Alejandra Postlethwaite (three–year term)
- La Jolla Director #2: Dr. David Bazzo (three–year term)
- Young Physician Director: Dr. Emily Nagler (one–year term)
- Resident Director: Dr. Alexandra Kursinskis (one–year term)
- District I Delegate: Dr. Peter Raudaskoski (three–year term)
- District I Delegate: Dr. Kosala Samarasinghe (three–year term)
- AMA District I Alternate Delegate: Dr. William Tseng (three–year term)
Incumbents Seeking New Office:
- At–Large Director #1: Dr. Rakesh Patel (three–year term)
- At–Large Director #6: Dr. Alexander Quick (three–year term)
New Board Members:
- Kearny Mesa Director #2: Dr. Dustin Wailes (three–year term)
- South County Director #2: Dr. Latisa Carson (three–year term)
- District I Delegate: Dr. Eric Rafla-Yuan (three–year term)
- District I Delegate: Dr. Ran Regev (three–year term)
- District I Delegate: Dr. Randy Young (three–year term)
- Resident AND Fellow Delegate: Dr. David Savage (one–year term)
Nomination by Petition:
Pending final approval of the proposed slate by the SDCMS Board of Directors on Jan 17, 2023, SDCMS bylaws allow for nomination by petition. If the requisite number of signatures is received, the petitioner will be placed on the ballot. For details on the number of signatures required, email Paul Hegyi at Hegyi@SDCMS.org. Nomination petitions may be mailed to SDCMS (Attn: Paul Hegyi), 8690 Aero Drive, Suite 115-220, San Diego, CA 92123.
If the petitioner would like their candidacy statement published in San Diego Physician magazine, it must be received by February 17, 2023; otherwise, completed petitions must be received at SDCMS no later than April 1, 2023.
Requirements for Candidacy:
The physician candidate must have been a member of SDCMS for at least two years on the date of assumption of duties: June 2023.
Requirements for Office:
- Officers: Attend monthly Executive Committee meetings; attend quarterly BOD meetings; attend the annual BOD retreat; attend the 2023 CMA House of Delegates (October 21–22, 2023).
- Geographic Directors, At–Large Directors, District I Delegates, Young Physician Director and Resident Director: Attend quarterly BOD meetings; attend the annual BOD retreat; attend the 2023 CMA House of Delegates (October 21–22, 2023). Additionally, for Geographic Directors, physicians must have their primary practice located within the geographic district.