Coding for Medical Necessity (CMA Webinar)
Contact: CMA Member Help Center, (800) 786-4262, firstname.lastname@example.org
Medicare and private payers all recognize medical necessity as a deciding factor for claims payment and it is important that all practices know the rules. We will discuss:
- Applying the rules to your patient encounters.
- Medical decision making and medical necessity.
- Importance of diagnosis coding.
- Coverage determination policies.
- Using an electronic health record (EHR).
- How to respond to requests for records.
- How to appeal if you disagree with decisions from outside reviewers.
Webinar Notice: Please register at least one hour before the webinar. If you do not register an hour before the webinar start time, we cannot guarantee your attendance.
Questions: (800) 786-4CMA (4262)