TDC PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS: Six Ways to Satisfy Your TDC Premium Credit Program Participation Requirement
Below are options available to SDCMS member physicians who need to satisfy their participation requirement in order to continue receiving their medical liability insurance premium credit through The Doctors Company (requirement must be satisfied once every two years):
- Attend in person or online a The Doctors Company / SDCMS co-sponsored educational Seminar or Webinar. The schedule for 2012 and 2013 is:
- Top 10 Patient Safety Issues for Office Practices: Thursday, November 15, 2012- 11:30am–12:30pm
- EHR and Documentation Risk Issues: Thursday, January 17, 2013- 11:30am-12:30pm
- The Allied Health Professional: What You Need to Know Before Hiring: Thursday, April 11, 2013- 11:30am-12:30pm
- Hospital Discharge Planning- Lost in Translation:Thursday, July 18, 2013-11:30am-12:30pm
- Risk Prevention Tips for the Digital Age-Email, Texting and Social Media: Thursday, November 14, 2013-11:30am-12:30pm
- Complete and pass The Doctors Company’s online Patient Safety / Risk Management Exam. You will need to create a user ID and password and provide some identifying information. From the Education and CME page on The Doctors Company website, follow the link under “Online Risk Management and Patient Safety Exam.”
- Complete and pass the written version of The Doctors Company’s Patient Safety / Risk Management Exam and return it to The Doctors Company, Attention: Patient Safety Department, 185 Greenwood Road, PO Box 2900, Napa, CA 94558-0900, or fax it to The Doctors Company at (707) 226-0162.
- Listen to a pre-recorded webinar about HIPAA, and complete a post-program evaluation. The physician should listen to the program, complete the post-program evaluation, and send it to The Doctors Company, Attention: Patient Safety Department, 185 Greenwood Road, PO Box 2900, Napa, CA 94558-0900, or fax it to The Doctors Company at (707) 226-0162.
- Attend one (1) of The Doctors Company webinars.
- Contact The Doctors Company Patient Safety representative 1 (800) 421-2368, ext. 4265, for a live presentation at your practice location.
If you are a program participant needing to complete the requirement, we will notify you directly of any additional options. We will also update the options above and publish them in SDCMS’s enewsletter, “News You Can Use.” Email SDCMS to sign up to receive "News You Can Use."