Do You Qualify for an SDCMS -CMA Dues Discount?
For further information on SDCMS-CMA dues or whether or not you might qualify for a dues discount, contact Brian Gerwe at (858) 300-2782 or at Brian.Gerwe@SDCMS.org.
How much are nondiscounted SDCMS-CMA dues? $970
What is SDCMS’ portion? $380 (39%)
What is CMA’s portion? $590 (61%)
What dues discounts can physicians qualify for?
The following SDCMS -CMA dues discounts are available to qualifying physicians:
- 50% Initial Discount if You’ve Never Been a Member of CMA
- 71% Initial Discount if You’re 40 Years Old or Younger
- 71% Initial Discount if You’re Within Your First Eight Years of Practice
- 90% Discount if You’re in the Military
- 50% Discount if You’re Government-employed
- 50% Discount if You’re 65 Years Old or Older and Work 20 Hours a Week or Less
- 10% Discount if You Sign up for a Three-year Membership
- 5% Discount if You Pay by Nov. 1, 2012
Are SDCMS-CMA dues tax deductible? Association dues are not deductible as a charitable contribution for federal tax purposes but may be partially deductible as a business expense. 32% of CMA dues for 2012 cannot be deducted as a business expense for federal tax purposes because of lobbying activities on behalf of CMA members.